- News & Legislation
- MASA PAC
- Purchasing Alliance
MASA Distinguished Service Award (given periodically)
The MASA Distinguished Service Award recognizes an individual member of the Michigan Ambulatory Surgery Association who has, over a significant period, made an outstanding contribution to the MASA board and its members. The purpose of the MASA Distinguished Service award is to recognize a person that has made significant contributions to our industry and to the Michigan Ambulatory Surgery Association throughout their career. They have shown proven leadership to this organization and they represent the brightest and most influential minds in our industry. It is intended to recognize a lifetime of contribution and, as such, would only be awarded in rare circumstances to a recipient only once. This award is given infrequently, at the MASA board’s recommendation.
Nominators and nominees must be members of MASA, or if retired, previous MASA Members. Any current serving MASA board member is ineligible for this award.
The MASA Distinguished Service Award is the highest honor bestowed upon an individual by the Michigan Ambulatory Surgery Association. Individuals nominated should have demonstrated achievements in one or more of the following areas:
• Significant Officer, Board or Committee chair contributions to the Association
• Multiple leadership contributions to the Association
• Consistent contribution, even in circumstances where prior service has been recognized – meaning contributions that go “above and beyond” customary expectations
MASA Leadership Award (given annually at the Education Day)
The purpose of the MASA Leadership Award is to recognize a significant contribution to the Association by providing exemplary leadership within a MASA member facility or by championing the accomplishment of a significant Association goal.
The MASA Leadership Award is a significant honor. It is intended to recognize a specific accomplishment. It is to be awarded annually and a recipient may be considered eligible to receive it more than once.
Nominators and nominees must be members of MASA (both facility and vendor members are eligible for nomination). Any current serving MASA board member is ineligible for this award.
May be any of the following:
• Significant Officer, Board or Committee Chair contributions to the Association
• The accomplishment of an identified goal while serving in a leadership capacity
• The willingness to accept responsibility for the adoption of a key goal or initiative of the Association
• Exemplary service to a MASA member facility
• Exemplary service as a vendor member of MASA to assist the association in educational service and or other significant membership wide service.