- News & Legislation
- MASA PAC
- Purchasing Alliance
Employment postings are available to all MASA Members at no charge! Please contact Marcy Lay (email@example.com) with your posting!
Not a member and want to place an employment ad? MASA will be happy to post your employment ad for a small fee of $50 per month. Contact Marcy Lay (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your posting!
Metro Health OAM ASC is an orthopaedic-focused ambulatory surgery center, serving West Michigan since 2010. Providing care to over 5,000 patients per year, our physicians & staff are experienced in state-of-the-art ambulatory orthopaedic surgical services. A collaborative team environment ensures that our patients receive individualized care in a convenient, cost-effective outpatient setting. Cases include total joint, total hip and some spine procedures.We are looking for a new Executive Director. We are looking for an Executive Director ready to lead through change and growth with a high-performing leadership team and great organizational culture.
• RN, MBA or MHA strongly preferred; current RN in the state of Michigan in good standing
• Previous ASC management with significant financial, revenue cycle and HR responsibility
• Management experience in a health care facility setting
• Certified Administrator Surgery Center (CASC) preferred or ability to obtain within 18 months upon hire
• Equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered
Interested candidates can email: Lisa.Idema@oamichigan.com
Copper Ridge Surgery Center CEO, multi-specialty center Traverse City, Michigan
Kaye/Bassman International has been retained by Copper Ridge Surgery Center to identify a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for their robust, multi-specialty center.
• The center has 8 ORs, 1 procedure room, and 3 GI rooms.
• Volume exceeds 20,000 cases annually
• Volume consists primarily of Orthopedics, GI, ENT, General, GYN, Hand, Plastics, Urology, Pediatric Dental, and Podiatry.
• There is also a very successful total-joint program in place.
• The center is a two-time recipient of the APEX Quality Award for Patient Satisfaction and named a “Top 100 Places to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review three times!
Obviously we want an experienced ASC CEO/Administrator, but what we’re really looking for is a sharp, financially astute ASC operations executive, who would love to run a large, high-volume center with a robust totals program, while leading a high-performing team, and live in a wonderful resort town (Traverse City, MI).
For more information and confidential consideration contact:
All inquiries held in strict confidence
Lakes Surgery Center is hiring!
Due to expanding our orthopedic services, we are in need of two full-time CSTs. Orthopedic experience is preferred, but we will train the right candidates. The CST at Lakes facilitate operative procedures by preparing and providing the required sterile instruments, supplies and equipment. They maintain sterile fields and anticipate surgeon’s needs. We are a high functioning, fun loving team that provides great care to our patients.
If interested, please submit your resume to Margaret.Acker@surgerypartners.com.
Under the direction of the Business Office Manager, is responsible for assuring that out patient medical records are coded and abstracted according to established criteria utilizing available resources both automated and manual based on documentation in the medical record provided by the attending, consulting physicians and clinical information. Using the available automated systems, enters coded documentation in the medical records on a daily basis. Communicates with consultants, federal and state organizations to validate the coding process and assure compliance to prevent fraud and abuse related to coding and abstracting. Validates documentation and works with the physicians to assure proper coding and educates the medical staff regarding coding issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Collector- additional duties include working and maintaining all patients accounts. Meet all collection activity schedules and goals. Audit EOBs to assure accuracy of reimbursement and proper adjustments. Cross training to all positions for coverage
1.Code diagnoses, procedures, complications and co-morbidities for out- patients accurately.
2.Code appropriately for ancillary services.
3.Demonstrates knowledge and remains current in regard to ICD”s current version, CPT codes, modifiers, APCs, and DRGs.
4.Remains current with the coding and processing of records to assure timely coding.
5.Assures that the proper documentation is available in the medical record prior to coding. Enters codes for each provider and assures that the record is complete to assure that it is accurately abstracted. Follows through to assure the coding is finalized and a claim has been generated.
6.Demonstrates expertise in the use of the automated systems and any other that may pertain to coding.
7.Maintains required certification and training in the area of coding and abstracting.
8.Interacts positively, friendly and professionally with physicians, patients/family, office staff, hospital staff, medically supply and drug company representatives, insurance companies, attorneys, worker”s compensation adjusters and others.
9.Identifies opportunities to teach co-workers, medical staff and professionals regarding the documentation of medical care which supports accurate coding.
10.Speaks clearly, concisely and with consideration and respect in a group or one-on-one. Articulates thoughts wells and has a good rapport with listeners. Communication is clear, concise and understandable. Presentation is always polite, considerate and patient. Listens well.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1.Able to work independently and meet established deadlines.
2.Able to make sound reasonable decisions.
4.Ability to concentrate on many detailed requests despite numerous interruptions and respond accordingly with an appropriate sense of urgency.
5.Demonstrates accountability, professionalism, openness, receptive to change, creativity and innovation.
6.Ability to identify and calmly handle inherently stressful situations with tact.
7.Excellent communication skills.
8.Ability to develop excellent working relationships with consumers, vendors and staff.
9.Seeks guidance, direction and assistance when needed.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. 3 – 5 years in medical environment with experience coding in a ASC environment (including orthopedics, pain management, surgical (general, and gynecological), Gastroenterology. Certification required. (American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
2. 4 year degree in business or clinical area or equivalent work experience.
3. Computer literate. Experience and knowledge of Amkai and Microsoft Office product required.
4. Knowledge of medical terminology.
Please apply in writing to: email@example.com
The Medical Records Coordinator plans, coordinates, implements and maintains patient medical record keeping procedures and storage of all clinical records for the facility within requirements of the State of Michigan, CMS, The Joint Commission, and HIPAA Standards (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.)
1. Establishes and implements policies to ensure that patient records are complete, accurately documented, readily accessible, and systematically organized within an electronic medical record (EMR) environment.
2. Maintains confidentiality and protected health information according to regulations.
3. Provides excellent customer service and actively participates in a team environment of cooperation, mutual support, respect, and accountability for the best in patient experience and service.
4. Responsible for the release of medical information to patients, third parties and physician offices. Documents record release, collects fees and conducts disposition of records.
5. Consults with staff to help define and analyze information needed from the clinical record.
6. Conducts audits of the clinical record by clinicians and coordinates the Peer Review process.
7. Produces quarterly reports for leadership review and in support of the clinical credentialing process. Maintains confidentiality.
8. Performs quality assurance review on all scanned and reproduced records. Attends facility QA and Safety meetings as necessary.
9. Provides assistance, training and support to facility staff related to the clinical record.
10. Troubleshoots and resolves issues of documents not meeting quality standards.
11. Conducts clinical record destruction according to regulation and policy.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
• Three to five years of experience required working with medical records in a hospital or outpatient setting.
• A background in use of computerized EMR systems is required.
• Familiarity with networked computer systems, cloud systems, hardware and software a plus.
• Must possesses intermediate skills in Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Associates degree in Health Information Technology is preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Current Certification as an Accredited Records Technician (ART), Medical Records Technician (MRT), or successful completion of a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) exam is preferred.
Variable Hours 6am to 6pm. No Holidays or on-call required.
Please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Clarkston Surgery Center has an opening for O.R. Circulator / ENDO RN
Job Summary: Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates care for all age patients in operating room. Provides care within nursing standards of practice and the policies of the Center. Makes decisions regarding direct patient care needs and communicates appropriate information to physicians, patients, family members, and personnel in other departments as well as team members. May have additional responsibilities as designated by Administrator the Clinical Director, which include, but are not limited to, serving on committees, participating in quality improvement audits and projects.
Our team of professionals provides the care we expect our own families to receive when they require outpatient surgery.
We are seeking patient focused, service-oriented healthcare professionals who share the same beliefs as our team. Interested candidates may send their resume to Carrie Bradish email@example.com
Clarkston Surgery Center has an opening for a part time Sterile Processing Technician.
Job Summary: The Sterile Processing Technician cares for and maintains all surgical instrumentation, sterilization devices, instrument washers and monitoring systems.
3 years experience as Instrument Room Technician preferred Experience with all types of sterilizers.
Knows operating room instrumentation. Organized in setting up operating room instrument tray. Understands operation of steam/ gravity sterilizer, Sterrad, Steris units and ETO sterilizers.
Current BLS certification required.
Our team of professionals provides the care we expect our own families to receive when they require outpatient surgery.
We are seeubg patient focused, service-oriented healthcare professionals who share the same beliefs as our team. Interested candidates may send their resume to Carrie Bradish firstname.lastname@example.org
REPORTS TO: Business Manager located in St. Joseph Michigan
SUMMARY: Timely filing of all insurance claims, accurate follow-through and re-submission of denied claims, prompt posting of payments from insurance carriers, private pay and credit cards, checking eligibility and benefit verification, diligently working accounts receivable in a timely manner, and obtaining referral and pre-authorizations as required for procedures.
1. Demonstrates eligibility for employment in the U.S.
2. High School Diploma required.
3. Demonstrates skills in verbal and written English communications to meet documentation standards.
4. Willingness to participate in goal-setting and educational activities for own professional advancement.
5. Previous ASC or hospital or medical practice billing experience required. Surgical billing experience preferred.
6. Basic understanding of ICD-10 codes and CPT medical billing codes.
7. Ability to multi-task and work courteously and respectfully with fellow employees and patients.
1. File all insurance claims promptly, researches all denied claims and correctly re-submitting in a timely manner.
2. Accurately post insurance payments, monitoring fee schedules to make sure payment amounts are correct.
3. Act as liaison between the organization, the insurance companies, and the patient as needed by developing relationships with various insurance carrier provider reps for claims and policy updates.
4. Post all charges in a timely manner to coincide with month and year end reports.
5. Supports collection practices and policies.
6. Answer all telephone and written inquiries from either an insurance company or a patient.
7. Ability to maintain a calm temperament under stressful conditions and always present a professional manner and attitude.
8. Assists employees in job duties when the department is short or weak staffed.
9. Participate in all cross-training efforts within the department.
10. Supports and fills in for front office receptionist: Registers patients on the day of surgery and performs regular medical office functions.
11. Obtain referral and pre-authorizations as required for procedures.
12. Checking eligibility and benefit verification for treatments and procedures. Including notifying and explanation of payment due to patients prior to their scheduled procedure.
13. Works Accounts Receivable diligently; utilize monthly aging accounts receivable reports to follow up on unpaid claims over 30 days.
14. Work with patients to develop self-pay arrangements and payments plans.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a reception/office setting. Involves frequent telephone contact with patients, their families, medical staff, insurance companies and vendors. Work may be stressful at times. Interaction with others is a constant and interruptive. Contact involves dealing with sick and/or persons under high stress/anxiety. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Statement of Receipt of Job Description:
I attest to the fact I have received the job description for my position with Great Lakes Surgery Center. The position as it pertains to the job description was explained to me, I understand my responsibilities for this position and I am capable of performing the duties outlined.
For more information on the application please go to our website at: http://www.greateyesurgery.com/
The Sterile Processing Technician cares for and maintains all surgical instrumentation and sets up supplies and instruments for surgery cases.
Please email resume to: